Are you looking for a way to get rid of stuff in your office or home? Most people have plenty of items that are no longer being used, which means it’s time to clean out the space and reorganize everything. Hiring a junk removal company is a fast and effective way to get it done.
But some people consider the option to hire junk removal services vs. bringing a dumpster on site. Which is the better solution? It depends on your type of project and unique needs. In some situations, renting a dumpster is easy and effective for small debris removal. But if you need to move out heavy items or a large number of things, then it’s usually best to hire a junk removal company
Here are a few things to consider when deciding between dumpster rental and junk removal services.
Benefits of Hiring a Junk Removal Company
The benefits are undeniable when you hire a junk removal company. This solution is the easiest and least stressful solution because you don’t have to worry about lifting or labor. Yes, the cost of junk removal services is more than you would pay for the cost of renting a dumpster. But many people feel like it’s worth the expense because of the results they can achieve.
Here are a few of the most notable benefits of hiring a junk removal company:
- Save Time: No need to clear junk and debris during your free time. Instead, enjoy your evenings and weekends by letting the pros take care of everything for you.
- Save Money: Junk removal services are affordable when you consider all of the costs of a DIY project. Of course, the prices vary depending on the services you need. But renting a truck and paying for labor, gas, dumping fees, and associated materials can really add up. Also, remember that saving time also saves you money.
- Pro Results: Bringing in a professional team gives you peace of mind because you know they will complete the job correctly the first time.
- Manage Hazards: Rest assured knowing that hazardous materials are handled in the right way when you hire an expert service for assistance.
- Safety: There is a risk every time you move larger items. Instead of risking injury by trying to move these on your own, it’s better to bring in the experts, so you don’t have to worry about safety concerns.
Drawbacks of Hiring a Junk Removal Company
Hiring a junk removal company has a few potential drawbacks, but those depend on your unique needs. Here are possible disadvantages:
- Cost: If you are only getting rid of a few small items, then it’s probably not worth the price of bringing in a junk removal service. Most of the time, there is a flat base fee, which is more cost-effective for mid to large-size projects. Also, the price can go up based on the weight limit and estimated weight for waste removal.
- Timing: You need to be flexible to work around the junk removal company’s availability. They might be doing several pickups on the same day, which means that you might have a 2-hour window of time instead of a specific arrival time. Or, if the team is too busy, there could be a waiting list to get on their schedule.
Benefits of Renting a Dumpster
Which is better: renting a dumpster or hiring a junk removal company? Here are some of the benefits you might find if you decide to rent a dumpster instead of hiring a team for help:
- Cost: There are times when dumpster rental is less expensive compared to junk removal services. You can choose a dumpster that is the right size for your project. If you know that you have large amounts of stuff to haul away, you will want the biggest dumpster.
- Scheduling: Having a dumpster on site gives you the benefit of working around your own schedule. There is no need to wait for the junk removal company to show up before you can start working on the project. Instead, you can dispose of items any time – day or night – during the dumpster rental period.
- Liability: Some people feel that renting a dumpster is a way to decrease liability. Since you aren’t bringing other people to the work site, it reduces the risk of someone else getting hurt on the job.
Drawbacks of Renting a Dumpster
As with any service, there are always pros and cons to consider. So before you call a dumpster rental company, consider these potential drawbacks of using a roll-off dumpster:
- Heavy Lifting: You have access to use the dumpster, but you don’t have any labor to help with the heavy lifting. Choosing to rent a dumpster means removing the waste from your home or office and getting it into the dumpster. If you have concerns about physical labor, such as an injured back, it might be better to hire a junk removal company because the crew will handle all the heavy lifting.
- Location: Some properties don’t have a good place to put the dumpster. For example, if you are in a shared commercial building or a home with an HOA, you will likely need a permit before parking a dumpster on the property for any extended period. Check with your local government and neighborhood rules to find out what is allowed before booking the dumpster rental.
- Cost: Even though it might seem that a dumpster rental is cheaper than a junk removal company, you could be surprised at the price you’ll need to pay. The bigger the dumpster, the higher the cost. The price also goes up if the dumpster needs to be emptied and returned to your site so you can fill it again.
Which Option Is Best For You?
As you can see, there are many different pros and cons to consider when clearing junk out of your home or office. If you are looking for the easiest and most effective solution, then Junk-A-Haulics is the team to call. Reach out to our junk removal company to learn more about available services.