Professional Estate Clean Out Service
Professional Estate Clean Out Service
Need to Clean out an estate? Whether you have lost a loved one, are the representative in charge of estate clearance for a client, or are a court-appointed probate professional, our licensed and insured crews stand ready to help you clear away both the debris and treasures of a life well lived and hurry the settling of the estate or the readying of the home for resale. We service New York/New Jersey Metro area. From furniture stored in a dusty attic, rubbish in a basement and a garage full of junk to valuable antiques, furnishings and a book collection, our professional team arrives and immediately begins to sort all items left behind, bags, recycles or disposes (in an environmentally-friendly way) those things to be cleared away and even arranges charitable donations of those items deemed to be of some value to others less fortunate.
If, however, the situation is dire and the deceased had, because of emotional problems or dementia, become a hoarder and room after room is stuffed with their “treasure” that a reasonable person would call “junk”, our experienced team can clear away and dispose of even the filthiest of messes—those that have become a biohazard. We even provide heavy cleaning services to leave the property healthy, habitable and spotless when we leave.
Junk-A-Haulics have assisted with estate clearings in the New Jersey area for many years and no job has been too large, too small or too dirty for our crews. We save time, money and the unnecessary complication and environmental impact of renting a dumpster and disposing of everything in our already burdened local landfills.
If you are liquidating an estate, either as a representative, a family member or friend, let Junk-A-Haulics provide efficient, affordable and reliable assistance for our estate clearance needs.
Appointments can be made on short notice, with same day appointments often available, and we look forward to providing our services to you.
6 Tips for an Estate Sale and Estate Cleanout
When an estate sale is needed, the individual usually approached is an estate liquidator. It’s estimated that in the U.S. there are approximately 14,000 estate liquidators. According to the American Society of Estate Liquidators, members must meet certain education or experience requirements and abide by a code of ethics. But it is estimated that most liquidators have no formal training. Essentially anyone can set themselves up as an estate seller.
If you are facing a situation where you are looking to conduct an estate sale, there are a number of key points you should know. Here are seven tips to help you manage this stressful task:
1. Find and set aside all key financial documents. Locate and secure any will, trusts and related documents; Look for life insurance policies and statements, real estate deeds and titles; obtain recent bank statements if none are in the home; retain any stock certificates; 401(k) records; tax returns and receipts. These may be necessary for filing any income tax returns.
2. Pay attention to detail. People tend to stash things in unlikely places or forget that something valuable has been left in a coat pocket or the back of a desk drawer. Take the time to look through everything. This would include pockets in clothing, drawers, high shelves, every container, etc.
3. Work with family members on sharing items. One strategy that can help is to have family members create a list of the items they’d like to have from the estate. While this can work well, unfortunately, there are situations where conflicts and disagreements can arise. If necessary, involving outside mediators or legal help may be helpful here.
4. Try to find and keep photos and other memorabilia. Often these types of items are of little value to people outside of the family. However, they are irreplaceable for family members. The idea is to think of the future of grandchildren and others who may well find these pictures, scrapbooks, albums, etc. as a physical and tangible link to family members, they may never have had to privilege to meet.
5. Donate or sell clothing. Most clothing has little resale value unless it’s vintage clothing which is typically considered as items from the early 1960s and earlier. Consignment shops can sometimes be a source for gaining some revenue from old clothing as well as eBay or yard sales. Donations are, of course, always welcome and this can be handled for you by others.
6. Hire an estate appraiser. If the estate is comprised of a substantial amount of furniture, jewelry and antiques it is typically worthwhile to make use of their services. An accredited professional will give you an estimate for each item and typically charges an hourly fee to do so. The cost will depend on such factors as your location and the type of appraisal you want.
Using Junk-A-Haulics for your Estate Cleanup Services Needs
You want a company that will be punctual, patient, and respectful while treating you with care. Whenever possible, we will donate as many items as we help families transport items that belong to departed family members. With years of experience in helping our customers with estate cleanouts, we understand that when a loved one passes away you don’t need to worry about cleaning up their apartment or house.
Whether you are handling an estate sale, are downsizing, or dealing with the daunting and formidable task of clearing a deceased relatives home, place of business or any other property left behind, we can help you through. Our estate cleanout services are used by landlords, attorneys, banks and homeowners who need to dispose of unneeded and unwanted items, junk and clutter that might prevent or slow down the process of handing over an estate.
Our team specializes in large debris removal and furniture hauling. We can be on location in mere minutes, so call us today! Our crew is fully insured and well-trained, so you can trust them to get rid of your unwanted items in a professional and courteous fashion. One of the best things about hiring Junk-A-Haulics is that we recycle a much of the material we pick-up. This is proof of our commitment to being an eco-friendly removal service. If you have questions about what we do or what we believe, give us a call today.
How it Works
Call us for a free, no obligation estimate. 908-248-4285
Receive a convenient two hour window that works for you.
When our friendly team arrives, you point we haul!