Ok–so you’ve cleaned out (or at least made plans to clean out) every closet, drawer, room in your house. But there’s still a lot more to do. Have you forgotten the outside of the house? Your yard? Your garage? Your shed?
Here’s one that may not have even occurred to you. Remember that swing set in your backyard that your kids stopped playing on 5, 10, 15 or more years ago? You probably don’t even notice it anymore, but it’s an eyesore that gobbles up space. How nice would it be if your favorite junk haulers came to break it down, cart it away, and leave you with more room for entertaining!
More great ideas for your outdoor spring cleaning:
- Power wash and stain your deck
- Give your garage the once over and get rid of all you don’t need
- Install cabinets, shelves, racks and hooks in your garage
- Touch up paint trim, wood, doors, and shutters
- Dust and wash your windows and screens
- Clean outside door frames
- Shake out your entry mat
- Clean your grill
- Clean and repair gutters
- Replace broken bricks, wood, or stone
- Clean outdoor light fixtures
- Clean your patio furniture
- Trim trees, bushes and shrubbery
- Check and repair sprinklers
- Inspect roof shingles
- Wipe away cobwebs
- Clean or replace outdoor trash cans
- Get a new front door
- Replace your mailbox
- Repair wooden and metal fences
Aaah—with the inside and outside of your house now sparkling, it’s time to fire up the barbecue, reach for a lemonade (or beer) and put your feet up. Spring has officially sprung!