Garage Cleanout Service
Professional Garage Cleanout Company
The garage can be a great storage space, especially if you don’t have extra room in other areas of your home. But, have you found that the clutter is piling up over the years? Too often, the garage turns into a built-in storage unit that collects anything and everything. If you aren’t proactive with garage cleanouts on a regular basis, then it can be a challenge to keep these items organized and clean. Eventually, you lose the functionality of the garage because of the accumulation of stuff.
If you want a well-organized garage with neatly stacked shelves and plenty of room to park inside, then it might be time to hire a garage cleanout service in NJ. The first step is to get rid of the unnecessary items that are taking up space. Then, you will have plenty of room to organize the things that you want to keep.
Benefits of Cleaning Out Your Garage
What are the benefits you can expect if you put in the time and effort to clean out your garage? Here are some of the reasons why garage cleanouts should be a priority for every family:
- Organized Space: When things are cluttered and disorganized, it can be hard to find the things that you need. How much time have you spent rummaging through boxes and shelves trying to find something? Avoid this issue by creating a system of organization, making it easy to locate what you need – when you need it.
- Appearance: If the garage door is open and the neighbors can see inside, what is the first impression they will get about your family? The truth is that the inside of your garage can affect your curb appeal.
- Space: The garage can be multi-functional, but you need to have enough space to work. For example, garage cleanouts create the space needed to park the cars. You might even be able to designate a space for a workshop, mechanic shop, recording studio, or home gym.
- Pest Control: Piles of clutter are magnets for pests. Cleaning up the stuff reduces the likelihood of rats, mice, and insects moving inside. Whether you are trying to get rid of pests, or you want to prevent future infestations, it’s time to call a garage cleanout service in NJ.
Best Ways to Organize Your Garage
When the garage is full of junk, you might feel overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start. Consider following Marie Kondo’s advice for cleaning up spaces. All garage cleanouts should start by designating several piles – the goal is to empty the entire garage so you can decide what should come back inside. Create sections of your driveway for these categories:
- Keep: Things your family will continue using, which can be reorganized after the garage has been purged.
- Donate: Items that are in good condition, but are no longer used by your family. These things can be dropped off at a local donation center so other people can use them.
- Throw Away: Some things aren’t in good enough condition for donation. Don’t hesitate to throw away the things that are just taking up space without offering use to your family.
After the garage purge, next, it’s time to tidy things up to give you a clean slate. Sweep out the garage, wipe down the shelves, and clean up any messes that might be left behind. Next, bring the “keep” pile back into the garage and be deliberate in deciding where you are going to store everything. Create an organized, clean space. Building a good system right now is critical to set you up for success in the future. Invest in good organizational tools if needed such as sturdy shelving, plastic storage bins, wall hooks, and more.
What Can We Take Out of Your Garage?
The simplest way to clear out unneeded items from your garage is to call a garage cleanout service in NJ. You can reach out to our customer service team to schedule a time for garage junk removal. We can take almost everything – including the kitchen sink! Here are some of the common things that our team can haul away from garage cleanouts:
- Old Furniture: Mattresses, couches, tables, armchairs.
- Electronic Disposal: Broken or outdated computers, radios, lamps, televisions.
- Appliances: Big and small appliances including refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers, microwaves. Some families have an extra fridge in the garage that is broken or not in use, and we can remove this old appliance to create more space in the garage. We offer both disposal services as well as recycling services, depending on the items you are getting rid of.
- Construction Debris: Whether you have a small DIY project at home or you are working with home contractors on a larger construction project, it’s common to have a large amount of debris that needs to be removed, such as old wood, concrete, drywall, and more. Some of these items incur an extra fee, so talk to us in advance about an estimate.
- Scrap Metal: A variety of metal types can be collected for scrap metal disposal.
- Yard Cleanup: The waste from your yard can be sent away with our team, including leaves, sticks, and more.
- Misc Items: Other random stuff around the house or garage that is no longer used such as clothing, tires, carpet, etc.
If you are hiring a garage cleanout service in NJ, why not take advantage of the opportunity to clean out multiple areas of your home? The momentum of garage cleanouts can be helpful to get you started on the closets, yard debris, and other items that are collecting throughout your property. There’s no reason these services need to be limited to the items in your garage. Instead, be proactive in clearing out as much as possible right now, which will help you avoid doing it again in the future.
Keep in mind that this list is just a brief overview of the things our junk removal team can take. If you have questions about specific garage cleanouts, call us to discuss the items you need to be hauled away.
How to Prep for a Garage Cleanout?
Several important steps need to be followed when preparing for garage cleanouts:
- Schedule a Time: If you don’t have a designated time for a garage cleanout, then it’s likely something that will fall to the bottom of your priority list. Choose a day and time so that you don’t procrastinate on this important DIY project.
- Ask for Help: You don’t need to tackle the cleanout by yourself. Talk to family members to ask for help. Even kids can assist with sorting clothing or sweeping out the garage, so it makes sense to designate your garage cleanout as a family activity.
- Call a Removal Service: Maximize the sense of accomplishment by bringing in a junk removal service as soon as possible. It will feel good to move the clutter out of the space right away, giving you immediate gratification for the completion of this project.
At Junk-A-Haulics, we offer the full-service junk removal support you need for garage cleanouts. If it’s time to hire a garage cleanout service in NJ, then our professional team is at your service. Contact us right away to see how we can help.